The start of play on the fourth day of the fourth test match between England and Australia at the Old Trafford stadium in Manchester, England, was delayed on Saturday due to rain.
- The fourth day’s play has been delayed at the Old Trafford stadium in Manchester.
- The outlook for the day indicates a high chance of precipitation throughout the day.
- There might be a brief rain-free spell in the afternoon.
- Australia were 113-4 in their second innings at the close of play on Friday.
- They are trailing England by 162 runs after England posted a massive total of 592.
- Australia currently leads the series 2-1.
- The final test of the five-match series is scheduled to be played at the Oval in London next week.
|Date:||July 22, 2023|
|Time:||1:47 PM UTC|
|Weather:||Rainy with high chances of precipitation throughout the day|
|Outlook:||Bleak, but there might be a brief rain-free spell in the afternoon|
|Source:||Britain’s Met Office|
The ongoing Ashes test match between England and Australia at Old Trafford in Manchester has been interrupted by rain on the fourth day. Play has been delayed, and the weather forecast predicts a high chance of precipitation for the rest of the day. Cricket fans will be hoping for a possible rain-free spell in the afternoon to allow the game to resume. As the series stands at 2-1 in favor of Australia, both teams will be eager to make the most of the remaining play and secure their position before heading to the final test at the Oval in London next week.