Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia will use a drone to hoist the virtual tri-colour in Gwalior today, August 16, as part of the Amrit Mahotsav celebrations of independence.
Drone Showcasing Development Sites
Using a drone, the minister will highlight nine key development sites in Gwalior for a 15-minute aerial display, revealing the city’s evolving landscape and progress.
Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations
The event is in line with the nationwide celebration of the Amrit Mahotsav, marking India’s 75 years of independence. Madhya Pradesh is actively participating in this grand celebration.
The programme is scheduled to start at 4pm and will feature drone footage of nine significant development projects envisioned by Minister Scindia for the new Gwalior. These projects aim to transform the city’s infrastructure and appearance.
- Swarnarekha River: The drone will fly over the Swarnarekha River, offering a stunning view.
- Elevated Road: Aerial coverage of the impressive Rs 1,300 crore elevated road.
- Gwalior Theme Road: Showcasing the Gwalior theme road and its significance.
- Multi-level Car Parking: Highlighting the convenience of the multi-level car parking project.
- Beautification Projects: Displaying the ongoing beautification efforts, including Bada area’s transformation, costing Rs 300 crore.
Additional Development Initiatives
- Construction of four entry gates in the city.
- Beautification of the Morar River.
- Opening of a new 1,000-bed hospital.
- Establishment of a multi-speciality hospital.
Collaboration and Significance
The event is a joint effort with Bharat Drone Association and Garuda Aerospace, prominent drone companies in India. It symbolizes the Aviation Sector’s rising influence in Gwalior.
Flying High in Gwalior
Gwalior currently operates 76 flights. Minister Scindia is committed to enhancing the aviation sector through innovation and policy changes, opening doors for youth engagement.
Boosting Production and ‘Make-in-India’
The central government has launched a Rs 120 crore production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme to promote production and further the ‘Make-in-India’ initiative.
Celebrating History, Culture, and Achievements
This historic event is a tribute to India’s rich history, culture, and accomplishments, exemplifying the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.