The Odisha government has given its approval to 11 industrial projects with a total investment of Rs 3,266 crore. These projects are expected to create employment opportunities for 9,146 individuals.
The decision was made during a meeting of the State Level Single Window Clearance Authority, presided over by Chief Secretary PK Jena. The projects span across various sectors including metal downstream and ancillary, chemicals, food processing, agro processing, plastics, textiles apparel, IT and ESDM, and renewable energy.
The approved projects will be established in Balasore, Bolangir, Kalahandi, Khurda, and Jajpur districts of Odisha.
Despite being known for its mining and metallurgy industry, Odisha has been diversifying its industrial ecosystem in recent years. Notably, Nestlé India Limited, a leading multinational food-processing company, will be setting up a food processing unit in the state with an investment of over Rs 890 crore. This project alone is expected to employ more than 800 people.
In the textiles and apparels sector, Colortone Garments Private Limited, a subsidiary of First Step Baby-Wear and the second-largest baby-wear manufacturer in India, will establish an integrated apparel manufacturing facility and a 1.2 MW rooftop captive solar power plant. This project, with an investment of over Rs 200 crore, will generate employment for over 4,820 individuals.
Himadri Specialty Chemical Limited, a renowned name in the chemicals sector, has also received approval to set up its first chemical manufacturing unit in Odisha. With an investment of over Rs 980 crore, this project is expected to create employment opportunities for over 1,400 people.
Odisha is emerging as a significant investment destination in the plastics sector as well. Three projects have been approved in this industry:
- IDVB Recycling Operations Private Limited will establish a new unit for recycled pet flakes and recycled per resin products. This project, with an investment of Rs 318 crore, will employ over 240 people.
- Purv Packaging Private Limited will set up a new manufacturing unit for plastic caps, pet preforms, and other allied products. The annual capacity of this unit will be 1,017.70 million pieces, and it will provide employment for over 133 individuals with an investment of Rs 152 crore.
- RDB Rasayans Limited will establish a new manufacturing unit for flexible intermediate bulk containers and other allied products. This project, with an annual capacity of 6,000MT and an investment of Rs 59 crore, will employ over 390 people.
In addition to its dominance in steel, stainless steel, alumina, and aluminium production, Odisha is also making strides in the metal downstream and ancillary sector. The State Level Single Window Clearance Authority approved two projects in this field:
- Beekay Utkal Steel Private Limited, a leading metal downstream company, will set up its third unit, aiming to employ more than 350 people with an investment of over Rs 260 crore.
- IFGL Refractories Limited, one of the country’s top refractory manufacturers, will establish its second unit in Odisha, providing employment opportunities for more than 350 individuals with an investment of over Rs 260 crore.
In the IT & ESDM sector, Nisum Consulting Private Limited has received approval for its project with an investment of Rs 200 crore. The company plans to establish a software development center facility that will generate employment for over 640 people in Odisha.