Sawan Somwar 2023: The month of Sawan is considered one of the most auspicious times of the year. This year, Sawan will be celebrated for two months due to Adhik Shrawan Maas, after a long gap of nineteen years. During this time, various auspicious rituals and fasts are observed to seek blessings from Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati for prosperity and happiness.
Mistakes to Avoid During Sawan Somwar Fasting:
- Overeating: After fasting, it’s important not to overeat. Overindulging in food can lead to health issues and make you fall sick. Maintain calmness and devotion during this month and avoid any sickness.
- Onion and Garlic: It is strictly prohibited to consume onion and garlic during Sawan. These food items should be avoided while observing the fast.
- Fried Food: Sawan fasting is a way to detoxify the body and keep it healthy. Excessive consumption of fried foods and namkeens can negate the benefits of fasting and cause stomach issues.
- Sugar: While keeping the fast, it’s natural to have sugar cravings. Consumption of sugar is allowed during the vrat, but excessive intake can cause high insulin levels in the body.
- Starving: Fasting does not mean starving. It is important to provide the body with necessary nutrients to keep it energized during the fast. Starving can have negative effects on your health.
Observing Sawan Somwar fasting is a sacred practice that requires discipline and adherence to specific guidelines. By avoiding these common mistakes, you can have a fulfilling and healthy fasting experience.