The Season 3 finale of Superman & Lois delivered a jaw-dropping cliffhanger, leaving fans eagerly anticipating the next season. In a surprising twist, Bizarro transformed into the fearsome villain Doomsday after being repeatedly killed by Lex Luthor, who increased his power each time. This set the stage for an epic showdown between Doomsday and the Man of Steel, accompanied by an incredible soundtrack that added to the intensity.
However, the finale wasn’t just filled with action. It also brought with it a sense of uncertainty as the show’s cost-cutting measures led to the departure of seven series regulars. Characters like General Lang, the Cushing family, the Irons duo, and Chrissy Beppo were given intriguing storylines, and one of them ended up in Lex’s custody. These developments left viewers on the edge of their seats, wondering what lies ahead.
But the biggest cliffhanger of them all is the unresolved battle between Superman and Doomsday. After realizing that Doomsday cannot be killed, Superman took the fight into space, leaving them hurtling towards each other on the moon. It’s safe to say that this confrontation is far from over.
Aside from the main storyline, let’s take a quick look at where other characters ended the season:
- Chrissy shared the news of her pregnancy with Kyle, who surprisingly handled it well despite recent hardships. Lana, who had hopes of having another child herself, showed genuine happiness for the couple. However, she struggled to publicly celebrate their surprise engagement in front of the town. It’s worth noting that Chrissy’s character development was sidelined this season, reducing her to a mere love interest. Many fans feel she deserved better treatment after being such an interesting and compelling presence.
- Jordan apologized to Sarah for his behavior, revealing that his actions stemmed from their breakup. While Sarah appreciated the apology, she still felt it was too soon for them to be friends, and they parted ways with a firm handshake.
- Sam, whose new girlfriend turned out to be one of Lex’s associates, offered John Henry a job to develop new technology for the DOD. The catch was that they would have to relocate to Metropolis, and Natalie would have to enroll at the same school as Matteo. Although not an ideal situation, it didn’t spell disaster either.
- John Henry and Lana regretted not getting together earlier but found solace in each other’s arms. Their intimate encounter was brief but passionate.
- Lastly, there was a touching moment between Lois and Clark. Their first intimate moment since Lois’s mastectomy was beautifully portrayed, with Clark’s gentle touch alleviating her fears. The vulnerability of the Man of Steel added an extra layer of emotion to the scene.
Now it’s time to hear from you. How did the cliffhanger leave you feeling? Which departing character(s) will you miss the most next season? Cast your vote in our polls below and share your thoughts in the comments.